♪ (upbeat video game music) ♪ – (FBE) Today you’re playing this! – Mario Kart! Yes! Oh my gosh, this is so fun. – Ohhhh my god. Oh my god. And on the Switch too? You guys are spoiling me right now. – I’ve been playing since,
like, five, four? I’ve never played this one. – (FBE) So this is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the newest game in Nintendo’s
car-racing franchise. And you’ll be playing
on the Nintendo Switch. – I’m excited. I’m hyped,
because Mario Kart’s a fun game. I like driving games. I play Forza and Gran Turismo,
a little different. But, you know, same concept. – (FBE) All right, by now
you probably know there’s no way we’re gonna
have you play this game alone. – Who am I playing with? – (FBE) You’ll be racing
against another reactor. – Ooh! Yes, I’m so excited. – I’m excited. I played
this before on live.ly. So I know a little bit of what I’m doing. I didn’t do that well though,
but I’ll do better today. – We’re gonna go into this
with an open heart, open mind. And just shout-out to everyone
that’s about to lose. (revving) (boom!) – Is there a good,
specific good character? Are they different?
– No. No, no, no, no, no. Oh shit. We’re platinum, baby. – I pick Toad ’cause he’s cute. – Oh man. This is insane. All right. This is it. – Okay.
– I’m Rob Stone. Set in stone.
– I’m good. – So since she hasn’t
been playing too much, I think we’ll go easy with Rainbow Road. No, I’m not that.
– No. That’s a hard one. I know that’s a hard one. Don’t do that.
– All right. We’ll go with Toad Harbor. It’s her character, first-timer.
I am a sweet guy like that. I’m not too mean. All right. Oh, look at mine. – Okay.
– So clean. – I just want to win this. I need one. – You gotta get that good timing. Oh shit. All right, here we go. – Bam, okay. I just gotta– come on, get up there. I have no idea what I’m doing, so I’m just gonna go.
– That’s cool. – Hey! I’m not in last place. I feel like that’s a good thing.
– Woo! – I have stuff. Get out of my way, donkey. – Let’s get it. Oh wait. Hang on. – (sighs)
– What’s popping? – If I could stop hitting the walls, that’d be great.
– Looks good with that. First place. – (groans)
– I said platinum, but all I see is gold. – I need that. I need that box.
But I’m gonna hit that. – Yep.
– Oh, was it worth it? Was it really worth it, Chelsea?
– All right, so let’s hit– oh. Hit it with that drift. That cold squid don’t mean nothing. Oh!
– Okay, this is getting scary. So you’re in first place. I’m in eighth. – That’s all right.
– (groans) – ‘Cause we got– oh, there’s three laps? See, that does make me a little nervous. – Come on, come on, come on, come on. – It makes a little nervous
that there’s three laps, ’cause we all know what happens
when you’re first place. You’re inevitable to the Blue Shell. But it is a rare come-up. And I do have a feeling
it’s not gonna be a problem. – Come on.
– Get behind. Get that boost. Thank you. See you later. Back in first. All right. Oh my god. How can he get on the side
of the building like that? Oh, this is how. – Okay. No, why am I in ninth place? – Woo!
– Ugh! This is so frustrating! What is that? – Oh, I think that might’ve
been a shortcut, but it’s all right. – Oh, yes. Bullet, bullet, bullet, bullet. Okay. This makes me happy. Okay, here we go. Here we go. I need more of these.
– (mumbling) – I need more of these. I just want to win, okay?
– Going on that shortcut. – (shrieks) Stop hitting the wall! – Oh, shit. Okay, let’s get up it. – I just want to finish in a proud place. – Let’s go!!! – Come on, little Toad.
– Oh shit. – Come on. Come on. No, train. – Let’s get this. Let’s get this item. Let’s get this– oh shit. I’ma brake. Oh no! – Yes. – Here we’re coming back. About to hit this top three. Number two.
– No. No, no, no, no, no, no. – And that’s it, baby. I’m here for gold.
I’m here for that gold medal. I’m not here to make friends. Maybe when we’re outside. – (giggles)
– But in here, this is my dojo. (revving) (boom!) – I’m really anxious.
Really absurdly anxious. – I’m confident. – I am going to stay with Metal Mario, because I’ve never seen him before. I’ve seen Mario before
but not the metal version of him. – Toad ’cause he’s so small. He’s a little ‘shroom head. He’s so cute. – Can we do something cute?
– Sure. – Animal Crossing!
– Yeah, I wanted that one! It’s so cute! – Okay, let’s do that.
– Look at the little snowman! – We’re gonna go there. I’m so excited. ♪ (chime) ♪
– I already forgot all the controls. (countdown beeps) – Why am I at the end? ♪ (chipper music) ♪ – Ohhhh. – Wait, this isn’t for items. Oh, it is. I’m a liar. Oh, got a tree. You bitch. – I’m sorry. Me? – Oh, no, no. No, not you. Ah. – How am I second? I don’t like
that I’m starting off strong. I really don’t. – What are you?! – (chuckles)
– What the– – I feel like [inaudible] voicing your [inaudible].
– Bye. – And I’m just internally
very anxious about this. Like, I just want to win. – This isn’t a game to me. This is life. – Yeah. – Who did that?! – Did you turn mini too?
– Yeah. – Oh my god. We should join forces and destroy whoever did that.
– Maybe later. – See, I started off strong. I started out in second. She was fourth, and now
she’s first, and I’m fifth. – Oh, Jesus!! No!! What are you? Aaah! That’s good. That’s a good match. – I didn’t end up totally last place, which is kinda reassuring.
– Yeah, you did good. – Thank you.
– You did great. – Thank you so– oh my god.
– You did great. – So supportive.
– I’m so proud of you. (revving) (boom!) – Dude, I’m going to destroy you. You won’t even have a chance. I don’t think we should even race. You can give me the W now,
and we don’t need to play. – Okay, I’ma go, you know, O.G., the best, the one and only Mario.
– What?! – Keepin’ original.
– What, dude? That’s always my character. So I think I’m gonna go with my boy Luigi. – Luigi, okay.
– The less known plumber of the two. – The second best. – Oh!
– Just like this video game. Ooh. Ooh. Ooh! Get the F1 car. Let’s go, baby. – I kinda like the sneaker. It’s a literal shoe.
– It looks like a shoe. Let’s do Royal Raceway, yeah?
– All right. – That’s O.G. Nintendo 64.
– N64, dude. – I got a thumbs-up from
the people back there. Let’s get it. Okay. I’m ready to win. Let’s go. – Do I have to put on the strap? – (FBE) Meh.
– Yeah! Livin’ on the edge. See? – Safety’s for–
– Safety first, guys. – Safety’s for weenies!
Don’t listen to him. – Oh, these cherry blossoms though. – ♪ Royal Raceway ♪ I’m gonna save Peach and Daisy,
and you get no one. You can hang out with Koopa. Koopa’s a G though.
– All I need is that trophy, boy. That’s all I need.
– All right. I’m in it for the chicks. (laughter)
– Smart. All right. All right, let’s get this. Oh shit. Man, these controllers– – You got a tiny bit of a lead. But I think my strategy is I’m just gonna throw shit
at you from behind. Hey, what up, Mario? Oh, you [bleep]– Oh shit.
– Oh. Super speed, baby. Oh, that parachute? Let’s glide in. – Oh, I got hit with
a Red Shell while going over. What physics is this?
– The right physics that Einstein wanted. – What?
– Oh [bleep], I got hit with a bomb. – A Red Shell shot me out of the sky. – Oh shit, oh shit. I’m in fourth? This is–
– Get out of here. All right, let’s go, let’s go. – Dude, I’m in sixth. I am… – I’m in third.
– …picking it up. All right.
– Let’s go. – You’re in third?
– I’m in second now. All right, first place, baby, let’s go. – You’re in first?! – I told you, racing games are my thing. – Boy!
– Boy, have you seen me– You’ve been in the car when I drove. – I know. He drives super fast. Dude, I’m trying my best! – What else to you want me to say?
– Boy. – Oh, this parachute.
– Oh, look at this glide. – This parachute was the right move. Oh my goodness. ♪ I believe I can fly ♪ Oh, oh my god. Oh my god.
– Dude, I got a speaker. My system is bumping.
– Damn. – I got a banana in fourth place? What world would you get
a banana in fourth place? – Oh, I got hit with
the freaking lightning. – Jeez, dude. I’m in fifth! This shoe is so slow! I thought it was a quick sneaker. I thought I had some Jordans. Boy…
– Oh, first! Aw. I’m still in first. Oh, no, I’m not. Freaking second. Oh, I want to get first place. Oh. Oh shit. – Oh. I see you. – Oh. Oh fuck.
– I got you in sight. – I’m just going for a dub. I’m just gonna try to knock– what the [bleep]? – Let’s go, baby!
– I’ve been hit with everything! – Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s go.
Champion lifestyle. – You’re about to win. Holy shit.
– I am. I told you, I’ma go. You guys don’t want me to be here
on Tuesdays, I’m telling you. – Oh my gosh, dude.
– I’m telling you that. – I’m coming back. – This is my first time
playing with the Switch. Oh. Hey! Hey! Hey!
– Oh no! – Oh, I’m second! No! No! – I was like, “One shot!”
– I’m second. I’m second.
– Son of a bitch! (groans) I’m taking L’s.
– Man, I got second. I’m not even happy I won.
– Dude! No, I ain’t finishing the race.
– You messed it up for me. – I’m jumping in the pool. – (laughs)
– This sucks. (revving) (boom!) – I’m more than ready. – Vroom, vroom.
– I’ve been ready. – In my zoom-zoom. I’m Mario, number one,
the main dude, protagonist, just like in this episode.
I’m gonna be winning. So yeah, that’s how it works. – And call me antagonist. I’m the villain. – I’m just the cute
mushroom with the diaper. – I’m gonna do my same setup. Boom. Easy money. Let’s go. – (FBE) This is the final round. I’m gonna have you do the original N64 Rainbow Road.
– Let’s go. (all holler) – Shit. I’m ready.
– Let’s go. Let’s go. – Here it is, the trophy.
– All right. Hit it. Hit that A button. Hit that X. Oh shit, this is nice.
The graphics on this. – That’s pretty clean. (countdown beeps) – Whoa. Good takeoff. Good takeoff. – Oh, let’s go, baby. – Oh, schnikes. – All right. – You know what they say about,
you start off in the back. You get the better powerups. – Mm-hmm.
– And we’re ballin’. Oh, look at this. Would you look at this? – I’m balling.
– Would you look at this? – Oh shit.
– Ohh! Oh! – [Bleep]
– Yeah. He’s coming up over there. – I see a boy Labib coming up.
– He’s coming up on me right now. – Ooh.
– I want to throw that forward. – Drift king, baby.
Drift king, drift king. – Ohh!!
– What? (all exclaim) First place, baby! Let’s go!
– No, no, no. This is how we do it now, see? We go a little bit like this. Oh! Hang on.
– YOLO. YOLO. Oi! Oi! – I’m so over these lightnings. Oh, jeez! Okay. – You got lucky.
– I just [bleep] took an L. Oh, thank you. Thank you. Thank you!! No! No! No. No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no. Blastoff!
– What up, bitch? – Oh. Oh shit. Oh shit. Did she just take first– Oh, did I just take first place again? Did I just take– DID I JUST TAKE FIRST PLACE? LET’S GO! LET’S GO! WOO!! – That’s my boy! – ARGGH!!! This is a very big deal. I’ve been on this show
for about four to five years. Never won any, any video games. And today, I finally did it. Hard work pays off, kids. Never give up. – I like that. – Thanks for watching us play
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the React channel. – Subscribe. New gaming
episodes every week. – Bye, guys. I’m the Mario Kart
champion. Flex on ’em. – Ugh, that was yucky. Hey, guys. Zach, producer
at the React channel. Thank you so much for watching. And please let us know what other game we should play in the comments. (Mario cackles)